Christopher G. Murphy, CFP®, ChFC®, APMA®, RICP®, MBA
Credentials and Awards
Christopher G. Murphy is proud to have been recognized as a President's Club advisor for 2018, 2019 and 2020—a distinction based on annual production attained by the top 13 percent of advisors affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network.
Each year, Commonwealth, the Registered Investment Adviser–broker/dealer that helps us process investment transactions on your behalf, recognizes President's Club advisors by inviting them to an exclusive gathering of their peers, leading industry experts, and Commonwealth home office staff. President's Club advisors benefit from an intensive learning and networking experience designed to help them hone their expertise, share best practices, and provide ever-higher levels of service, education, and leadership to their clients.
Other awards include:
2023 Best-in-State Wealth Advisors- Forbes Magazine
2022 Best-in-State Wealth Advisors- Forbes Magazine
2021 Best-in-State Wealth Advisors- Forbes Magazine
2021-2023 Forbes Best In State Wealth Advisors, created by SHOOK Research. The 2023 award was presented in April 2023 based on data gathered from June 2021 to June 2022. 22,243 were considered, 7,321 advisors were recognized. Advisors pay a fee to hold out marketing materials. Not indicative of advisor’s future performance. Your experience may vary. Click here for more award information.
Chris has been interviewed on TV interview with Fox Good Day New York and featured in an article in the American Express Financial Advisors “Franchise” magazine.
- Chris lives in Cary, North Carolina, with his wife, Christine. He has two sons, Brandon and Trevor and a British golden retriever named Rylie.
- Chris is an avid sports fan, specifically college football/basketball and hockey.
- He also enjoys music and spending time at sporting events with family and friends.
Giving back to the community is also important to Chris and his team. They donate to several organizations annually, including Duke Children’s Hospital and Health Center, Durham Rescue Mission, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Meals on Wheels, Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC, suicide related charities and the ASPCA. CROSSBRIDGE also selects from a select group of clients annually to donate to their favorite charities.
- In April 2017, Chris joined Crossbridge Financial Group, LLC, to provide a truly independent and comprehensive approach to financial planning. He believes that to provide world-class service and guidance, an investment professional should be free from the influences at many of the traditional Wall Street firms. Crossbridge Financial Group is proud to be associated with the Commonwealth Financial Network®, a leading independent broker/dealer.
Chris and his team have extensive experience in helping affluent clients preserve and grow their wealth. They possess the capabilities and resources to provide customized recommendations and support for tax, estate, and retirement planning.
They help clients step back and explore the full range of opportunities their wealth can bring.
- In 1988, joined IDS Financial Services, which became Ameriprise Financial Services Inc. in 2005. While there, Chris was a senior financial advisor, district manager, director of new advisor development, gold team advisor, platinum financial services advisor, private wealth advisor, and registered principal.
- Senior accountant- Paine Webber in New York City,1987–1988.
- Internal auditor- EF Hutton in New York City, 1985-1987
Degrees and professional designations:
- BS in marketing- University of Bridgeport
- MBA in marketing- University of Bridgeport
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional (CFP®),
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®),
- Accredited Portfolio Manager (APMA®)
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®).
- He also belongs to the Financial Planning Association.
Chris is licensed in 19 states and holds FINRA Series 7, 63, 65, and 66 securities registrations as a Registered Representative with Commonwealth Financial Network. He holds numerous state IAR and state securities licenses, including California, Florida, North Carolina, and New York.